In this role, you are responsible for directing and supporting the professional drivers who drive for Q Carriers. Each driver is critical to our success, and this role is vital in establishing, fostering, and maintaining a healthy and functional relationship between each of them and the company. Being the primary communication conduit and the creative problem resolution generator between the drivers and the planner, customer service, the shop, and safety is the most crucial responsibility of this position.
- Work with the planner, or act as the planner when required, to increase each driver’s value to the company, maximize fleet productivity, and minimize down time.
- Use critical thinking to make necessary decisions on behalf of the driver to ensure meeting productivity standards while maintaining customer service levels.
- Prioritize both driver retention and company values in planning, decision making and communicating with drivers, customers, and co-workers.
- Effectively coach drivers in all areas including use of communication devices and apps, hours and other DOT compliance, safety, company policy and customer satisfaction.
- Review the plan for each driver repeatedly to ensure that available hours remain to execute the current plan or whether adjustments are required.
- Participate in the after-hours phone coverage rotation as scheduled.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to maintain a calm and respectful composure in challenging situations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the company and the drivers.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of transportation-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, preferably Office 365.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn and adapt to changes in the organization’s transportation related software systems some of which include McLeod, PeopleNet, Project 44, Optimal Dynamics and others.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferred.
- At least three years of transportation experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Job Type: Full-time
$47,000.00 to $53,000.00 DOE