Trailer and a Tractor Mechanic
Job Type:& Full-time
Pay:& $21.00 - $24.00 per hour plus a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) etc.
Enjoy a $1000.00 Sign-on Bonus and work with a great family owned company where you are valued as a person and not just an employee number!
As a family-owned, Minnesota-based Freight and Logistics company, Q Carriers is one of the leading refrigerated freight companies, offering a number of carrier services to help customers move their products efficiently and effectively. Q Carriers has proven itself for four decades by investing in state-of-the-art technology and trucks, hiring the best drivers available and demonstrating dependability and safety on a daily basis. That's the simple formula that has served Q Carriers well and produces Grade A results for its customers..
Currently, we are recruiting for both a Trailer and a Tractor Mechanic to join our active and results driven team.
Our mechanics work positions that are extremely fast paced. Successful candidates will be experienced in planning/prioritization and execution in a tractor and/or trailer shop setting.
The candidate we seek has a back ground in commercial trailer repair (prefer Reefer maintenance and repair) or tractor maintenance. Other helpful experience includes tire repair and replacement experience, welding experience, DOT certification and an active CDL. These positions include heavy lifting on a regular basis (up to 50 lbs). The schedule for our mechanics includes the requirement to work overtime when needed, and there is a rotating on-call schedule for weekends. This position is required to work in all weather conditions, i.e. snow, rain, cold, hot.
A successful candidate will have communication skills in English sufficient to keep the Shop Foreman informed at all times as to the status of our equipment.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Multiple daily yard checks.
• Complete MN DOT inspections on tractors and/or trailers.
• Clean shop facilities.
• Work with shop admin and foreman on parts inventory control.
• Create work orders for equipment coming into the shop.
• Bring all tractors and/or trailers through the inspection bay to: complete a check on tractor, trailer and Reefer, preform preventative maintenance. Diagnose, prioritize, schedule and complete any repairs needed on trailers, tires and reefer units.
• Complete oil changes on units during DOT inspections.
Apply Online Below